What Are Some of the Biggest Red Flags in a Job Candidate?

I rarely give candidates feedback on red flags they give off during interviews, mostly because it is really hard to deliver this feedback without offending them. I spent 10 years as a recruiter and interviewed thousands of candidates. Now as Co-Founder of Betterteam, a recruitment platform for small businesses, I have access to real world data across many industries on why candidates fail interviews.

These are the top 7 that I see most often in why our clients reject candidates. (For more, click here.)

Which of these red flags have you noticed in your work in the federal HR field? Which do you think most influence the hiring decision?

One thought on “What Are Some of the Biggest Red Flags in a Job Candidate?

1. One thing that raises a red flag is having multiple jobs in such a short window. Some people thinks this is a good thing to show that they will work at any job and that they were hired at a job but what it shows to someone who is trying to hire them is why. Why did you work a month here and two weeks at another location and then quit another job to be hired there for only three months. This shows that either this person is not committed to a job or that they got fired.